- This event has passed.
September 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am
Duke Incubation Fund Fall Application Deadline
The Duke Incubation Fund (the “Fund”) was formed to support idea-stage projects at Duke University with potential commercial prospects. The Fund will make a number of awards each year to support novel ideas, applied research, potential products, nascent services and creative projects that if successful, will lead to new opportunities in the market.
To receive funding, projects must demonstrate a potential path to subsequent financial support, new company formation, licensing, not-for-profit partnering or other channels to enable translation. The Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative, which administers the Fund, is interested in innovative projects that could lead to new products or services that will have a positive impact on society, including:
- Demonstrating the feasibility of an idea or innovation for a commercial or social venture
- Developing a working software or device prototype
- Obtaining supporting evidence or proof-of-concept for new ideas
- Developing new applications or markets for a technology under development
- Creative projects that might lead to professionally produced content
Applications are welcome from all fields of inquiry. At least one member of any team must be from Duke.
- Application Submission Deadline*: September 23, 2019
- Final Selection: October 14, 2019
- Funding Period: December 1, 2019 – November 30, 2020
The Duke Incubation Fund Award uses the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications.
- To apply visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available – Please review this document.
- Enter Access Code “I&E,” then select the “Duke Incubation Fund Fall 2019” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- For any questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact Anita Grissom or Kara McKelvey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each award will consist of up to $20,000 (direct costs only). Preference will be given to applications with high potential for significant advancement. Funds may be spent within Duke or within a start-up company formed to commercialize the innovation.
Awards will be contingent on the innovator entering into Simple Agreement for Future Equity (SAFE) Agreement with the Fund. Any proceeds returned to the Fund under the SAFE will be used to finance future awards.