- This event has passed.
February 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Translating Duke Health Immunology Initiative
Request for Proposals
Duke Health is excited to announce a request for proposals for innovative approaches combining computational techniques and immunology research.
Translating Duke Health (TDH) is one of the signature programs animating Advancing Health Together, our Duke Health Strategic Planning Framework. TDH is a multiyear, multidisciplinary program to capitalize on our collective strengths in research, clinical care and population health to address major health challenges. The Immunology and Transplant Initiative has a focus on cross-cutting paradigms in transplantation tolerance, tumor, autoimmunity, and protective immunity, with an overall goal to invest in transformative areas of research and technology where Duke Health can have the greatest impact on human health. Additional information about the initiative is available at www.translatingdukehealth.org.
To be responsive to this RFP, projects should combine an aspect of human immunology with computational biology. An interdisciplinary team approach integrating immunological and quantitative researchers is presumed, and new collaborations are encouraged. Examples of research sought by this RFP include, but are not limited to:
- Development of methods for the integration of multi-modal data (e.g. combining immunofluorescent imaging with single cell transcriptomic or genomic data)
- Development of statistical methods and software for new or critical immunology assay platforms
- Development of mathematical models and computer simulations to understand complex immune phenomena
- Development of bioinformatics tools and pipelines for managing, processing, analysis or visualization of complex immunological data sets
- Development of machine learning methods to analyze massive and/or complex immunological data sets
- Development of population genetics models to analyze immune response genes, haplotypes and pathways
Applicants are also encouraged to take advantage of available biobank samples and Duke Core Facilities. The steering committee is looking for projects that build new collaborations and/or new teams and might lead to extended productive (and NIH-funded) collaborations.
Translating Duke Health (TDH) plans to fund zero to three awards in response to this request for proposals. The funding amount is up to $100,000. G&A will be applied. The proposed research should be appropriate to the budget and must be accomplished within one year. Proposals have a 4-page limit.
Applications are due by 5 PM EST, February 17, 2020. Click here to see the full RFP and to find additional details about eligibility, funding, proposal requirements, selection process and review criteria. Questions should be directed email@example.com.