August 31, 2017
INHERITED RETINAL DISEASES Drug Discovery Research Grants – funding up to $900,000
The Gund-Harrington Initiative for Fighting Blindness announces the call for proposals for the 2018 Gund-Harrington Scholar Award.The Gund-Harrington Scholar Award supports innovative research efforts that could prevent, treat or cure blindness resulting from inherited retinal degenerative diseases. The Gund-Harrington Scholar Award is part of the Gund-Harrington Initiative for Fighting Blindness and sponsored by Foundation Fighting Blindness and Harrington Discovery Institute.Who should apply?
- U.S and Canadian scientists at accredited academic medical centers, research institutions, and universities whose discoveries show promise for translation into novel treatments for inherited retinal degenerative diseases
- Multi-disciplinary investigators outside the field of retinal disease developing a therapeutic strategy with a potential to benefit inherited retinal degenerative diseases are particularly encouraged to apply.
Multi-level support for award recipients includes:
- Funding totaling up to $900,000 over three years based on progress made towards milestones
- Drug development and project management support through Harrington Discovery Institute’s Innovation Support Center
- Dedicated pharma team for each scholar
- Clinical development strategy
- Regulatory guidance
Letters of Intent are now being accepted through midnight on October 25, 2017.