T3Bioscience LLC concentrates on a two-pronged research focus. It differentiates its research between synthetic and bio products. Synthetic product research specializes in developing antivirulence drugs for fighting the gram-negative bacterial pathogens in humans and crops (namely, apple, pear & rice) by targeting type 3 secretion system of bacterial virulence.
Bio product research is specialized on the discovery of new antibiotics by means of an internal proprietary methodology (PROMISA – Proprietary Methodology for Isolation of Antibiotic Bacteria) developed by Dr. Ching-Hong Yang over the last 15 years that allows systematic and efficient discovery of new bacteria fighting antibiotic resistance in humans.
T3Bioscience executes its research fulfilling five objectives:
- identify alternative products to replace existing antibiotics;
- identify supplements for existing antibiotics (synthetic or natural); ie, cognate inhibitors as potential combination agents to increase or restore current commercially available antibiotics against bacterial pathogens;
- develop new anti-microbials.
- specialized agriculture focus with synthetic products to replace antibiotics as pesticides, thus contributing to fight human antibiotic resistance.
- bring lead compounds from the laboratory as commercial products to the shelves of a drug store, helping to save human lives.