Vaccination against HER3, a mediator of resistance to ErbB targeted therapies
Cancer is considered one of the most widespread and prevalent diseases worldwide. Accounting for nearly 600,000 deaths in the U.S. each year alone, conventional cancer treatment involves surgery to remove the tumor when possible, as well as chemotherapy and radiation. Despite recent advances, independent sources note a high unmet medical need in cancer therapy, noting the median survival rate remains poor. Cancer immunotherapy in the form of vaccines is attractive and has gained traction recently. Compared to other treatment modalities, an effective cancer vaccine has the potential to last a lifetime. These vaccines could be used as a preventative measure as well.
Presented is a portfolio of technologies for compositions, methods, and kits to prevent and treat cancer. Seven technologies are included in this portfolio that target specific antigens overexpressed in cancer with a vaccine. These targets include human epidermal growth factor 2 (HER2), HER3, estrogen receptor 1 (ESR1), mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein (MAVS), and androgen receptor polypeptides. The inventors have in vitro and in vivo data demonstrating that targeted vaccination suppresses the growth of mutant cells overexpressing these antigens. Furthermore, the portfolio contains a technology for methods of delivering the vaccine, as well as for use with combination treatments.
- Extensive intellectual property portfolio for compounds targeting multiple antigens overexpressed in cancer and related methods.
- A novel cancer vaccine that could enter an emerging market space.
Duke File (IDF) Number
- Lyerly, Herbert "Kim"
- Clay, Timothy
- Devi, Gayathri
- Hartman, Zachary
- Morse, Michael
- Osada, Takuya
- Wei, Junping
- Patent Number: 9,956,2762,862,306
- Title: VACCINES AGAINST ANTIGENS INVOLVED IN THERAPY RESISTANCE AND METHODS OF USING SAMEVACCINES AGAINST ANTIGENS INVOLVED IN THERAPY RESISTANCE AND METHODS OF USING SAME
- Country: United States of AmericaCanada
- Patent Number: 15/962,824
- Title: VACCINES AGAINST ANTIGENS INVOLVED IN THERAPY RESISTANCE AND METHODS OF USING SAME
- Country: United States of America
For more information please contact
- Baines, Bryan
Interested in this Technology?
Submit your interest below.